Skip To Main Content

Kindergarten Registration

Interested in attending Wasatch?


Kindergarten 2024-2025: 

If you have an incoming kindergarten student and have not registered or have questions regarding registration or assessments, please call the front office at 801-578-8564


 We have two full-day classrooms (M-Th 8:45-3:15, F 8:45-1:45) classrooms.

The first day of school for 2023-2023 is Tuesday, August 20th, 2024. The last day of school is Thursday, May 29th, 2025.
 All kindergarten classrooms have one teacher and a full-time aide.

Neighborhood Kindergarten Registration:  March 15th, 2024 2:00-3:30pm

Kindergarten and New Student Orientation: Friday, April 19th at 2:00pm

 Students will be placed in a classroom only after completing a kindergarten assessment (please call the front office for more information). If you do not sign up for an assessment time, we will be unable to place your child in a classroom.

 Kindergarten class lists will be posted after assessments are complete ( August).


We look forward to meeting your family and having your child as a
Wasatch STAR!
(Smart, Thoughtful, Aware, Respectful Student)



How old does my child need to be to enter kindergarten?

Five years old by September 1st of this year.

What happens at kindergarten registration?

At this time you need to bring your child's personal records so you can fill out the necessary forms to begin the registration process. 

After July 15th, you will finalize your registration. (More info will arrive via email.)

How long does it take to register?

Long enough to fill out the online registration at the school. (About 15-20 minutes)

What do I need to bring with me to register my child in Kindergarten?

  1. Certification of Current Immunizations **Required. This is in the form of a yellow card that either your doctor or the Health Department stamps, or a pink form completed by your doctor. If you need help click here for the Salt Lake County Health Center website, Phone 801-534-4666, 610 South 200 East
  2. Social Security Number Click here if your child needs one. 
  3. Copy of Birth Certificate Click here if you need to obtain a birth certificate. If your child was born outside the US, a passport or other legal documentation stating child's age will be accepted.
  4. a. Current address information: A utility bill for proof of residency
    b. Current phone numbers (home, work, cell)
    c. Current work information (company name and phone)
    d. Identify a person outside of Utah who could receive a message in case of a community disaster.
    • Name
    • Relationship
    • Area code & phone number 

    e. List of names of responsible adults who are authorized to take your child from school in the event of an emergency and you cannot be reached, including

What immunizations are required for my child?

More information here

Cindy Mills

Cindy Mills

Admin Secretary - Elementary