Parent Teacher Association
All interested parents are strongly encouraged to join Wasatch Parent Teacher Association (PTA). PTA is parents and teachers working together to help make our school better. We need your support and ideas and help to accomplish this goal. Please feel free to call or e-mail if you have any questions or concerns.
PTA Board Members
|Art Showcase Committee Chair|
|Valerie Stormont||Fall Fundraiser Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Are you a Wasatch parent?
Join our Wasatch Parent Yahoo Group for frequent updates and information. Let us know your child's name, grade, and teacher.
Why should I join the PTA?
This is an excellent question considering all we have on our minds these days. Often, just getting kids out the door every morning and trying to coordinate all their activities and our responsibilities at work, home, and community can be overwhelming.
So, try looking at this another way. How is PTA helping your children right now? How is it helping you? Following is a list of commonly asked questions and answers. It is just possible that you will find something that appeals to you, and will spark your interest in PTA.
How much will this cost me?
PTA dues at Wasatch Elementary School are $6.00 each school year. The amounts are distributed as follows:
- $1.75 - National PTA
- $1.00 - Utah State PTA
- $2.25 - Wasatch PTA
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate more intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, social, and spiritual education.
Wondering who does what? See a brief description of board positions and responsibilities.
PTA Board Job Descriptions PDF format
Where does all the money go? Take a look at the list of programs supported by your PTA funds.
Fundraisers vs. Break-Evens PDF format
Wasatch Elementary Programs
- Create school/home life partnership by organizing school events such as Open House, New Parent Breakfast, the Halloween carnival, and the family fun festival.
Evening Halloween Carnival Event will run Friday, October 26 from 5:30-8:00PM.Come in all your Halloween glory, be ready for a evening of fun. Games, scary stories, spook alley, cake walk, face painting and more. There will be a pumpkin carving contest for everyone! Plus, the 5th and 6th graders will have a cake decorating contest!
Optional Halloween Classroom Parties may be scheduled for Wednesday October 31. Please, no costumes during school hours. Your child's teacher will notify you of planned activities.
- Ensure children's health and safety by supporting programs such as Project Link and events such as flu shots and hearing and vision screening.
- Support school arts program through fundraising and directing the arts festival showcase.
- Promote literacy through STAR Reading tutoring program, Book Fair, two book clubs per year, Scary Story night (during Halloween carnival).
- Organize volunteers to connect family & community members to school achievement.
- Advocate for children & their parents at the school, local & state board of education, and state & national legislature.
Go to Utah PTA
Volunteer at Wasatch?
Click here to find out how.