Click PLAY for a reminder of proper keyboarding techniques!
|7 Proper Keyboarding Techniques
- Sit up tall, leaning slightly forward.
- Sit a 'hand span' away from the keyboard. Place keyboard at the edge of the table.
- Center your body with the 'B' key or center of the space bar.
- Place your curved fingers on Home Row. Your index fingers should find F and J, then line up the rest of your fingers.
- Wrists are level. Hold your wrists off the table or edge of the keyboard. Don't sink down.
- Feet on the floor. Don't sit on your feet or wrap them around your chair.
- Eyes on your copy. You should be looking at the paper you are typing from or at the monitor.